[meteorite-list] Very Rare NWA2828

From: stan . <laser_maniac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 01:33:04 +0000

>Hello Dirk, Stan and List,
>
>As an after thought, what might we suppose is the ratio of fresh blue
>material to more weathered brown? Perhaps that should be a consideration
>when we talk about TKW in regards to "NWA 2828 is primarily 'fresher blue'
>than NWA 2965's brown look..." Of course that would bring up the,"My
>meteorites are better than yours..." BS that I am trying to avoid here. In
>fact, that is the furthest from what I am doing, to the dismay of Dirk, I
>think.

after reviewing my correspondance with Dr. Bunch it seems we were both wrong
in terms of wat material is 'fresher' - i thought you had it backwards but
what it seems the official opinion is - is that the material that is porous
with black 'scale' on the outside it the more weathered - this can occur in
both the brown AND the blue - I have seen it more in the blue than I have
the brown in terms of number of pieces - but the feature is probably equally
distributed in terms of weight of material.