[meteorite-list] AD: Amazing impact-melt Eucrite!

From: star-bits at tx.rr.com <star-bits_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 21:36:07 -0800

    I remember when NWA 2910 first came back from cutting. I went over to Mike's
to paw through all the slices. I have always been partial to impact melts
and this is a real beauty. I had a hard time picking out which slice I wanted,
they were all pretty amazing. At the time it still wasn't known if it was lunar or a
eucrite so I had to wait a couple weeks to take it home. Fortunately for my pocket
book (but not for Mike and Jim) it turned out to be a eucrite. Definately a special meteorite.

--
Eric Olson
http://www.star-bits.com
---- Norbert Classen <trifid at timewarp.de> wrote:
=============
Mike wrote:
> http://www.meteoriteguy.com/catalog/nwa2910.htm
> Check this one out, "rivers of melt" just got a new
> posterboy of a meteorite to show.
I agree, that's certainly one of the most beautiful eucrites I've ever seen,
and it's even better in person. I've seen the entire stone back in 2005, and
I bought one of the first full slices of this beauty, more than a year ago.
I'm still very happy with that baby - you just got to love it with all the
vesicles in the melt-flow!
Best,
Norbert