[meteorite-list] Forestburg (b) L5 chondrite - A Fairy Tale

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 14:02:48 -0600

Hello Bernd, Gary, Zelimir and fellow chondrite enthusiasts,

Bernd noted "There is one such "fairy-like" chondrule in my Forestburg (b)
thin section. It features a prominent polysomatic megachondrule measuring 5
millimeters in largest dimension. It is a complex, oval, barred
olivine-pyroxene chondrule and displays stunning interference colors of
purple, pink, blue, yellow, orange and turquoise under crossed polars. What
a masterpiece by Mother Nature!

I have temporarily placed Bernd's Forestburg (b) thin section photograph on
my coin website (that site is much smaller and easier to load/upload), so
that others could see what Bernd was referring to:

http://www.coinandstampman.com/ebayauctionphotos\FORESTBURG-05TSX32-01.jpg

<http://www.coinandstampman.com/ebayauctionphotos\FORESTBURG-05TSX32-01.jpg>

Very nice Bernd. I appreciate the extra effort you put in your TS images
with the reference notes. One of these days I should start doing such.

Zelimir also noted; "I will have a closed look next week and tell you more.
Gary or Mark might be anxious to know whether there are some greenish spots
around?"

It's also nice to see and read others describe or show their meteorites, we
look forward to your future comments Zelimir.

Thanks Gary for starting this interesting thread.

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
www.meteoritearticles.com