[meteorite-list] Tucson hotels

From: Matson, Robert <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 12:53:16 -0800

Hi All,

I'm afraid I have to concur with Adam and David on the Tucson
hotel/motel situation. Something about paying Manhattan prices
for a roach and bed-bug infested room in an area you wouldn't
walk at night unarmed rubs me the wrong way. There are many
wonderful people that I would love to see there this year (and
perhaps I still will), but I won't support hotel piracy.

I see that a room at the Westward Look would run about $350
a night after fees and taxes. Split between two people, that's
a better deal than staying solo anywhere downtown. It's still
overpriced, but at least it's a nice place. --Rob