[meteorite-list] Northbranch H5

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 14 Jan 2007 22:25:36 UT

Gary proudly writes:

I've just received an excellent small part slice of Northbranch from the
Hupe' Collection. It displays some unbelievable veins of FeNi, one of which
crosses the whole specimen. I'm proud to have added this fine Northbranch
to my collection.

http://www.meteorite-dealers.com/northbranch.html

Hello Gary and List,

Sincere congrats on your new partslice of Northbranch. Here is what Michael
Farmer wrote about it many years ago - Mar 1998 to be exact - when I bought
a 23-gram partslice from him:

"This is a very old meteorite. It has weathered extensively on the outside
but the interior is still very nice. It has lots of small metal flakes in a dark
matrix with nice chondrules still visible and many very distinct shock veins."

My unpolished side shows chondrules and matrix much better than the polished side.

Best wishes,

Bernd