[meteorite-list] What does fresh Sikhote Alin fusion crust looklike?

From: Rob Lenssen <rlenssen_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 23:39:32 +0100

Hi Gary,

I think making good pictures of meteorites is very difficult. Especially
when it comes to fusion crust. I personally think there is a diffence
between the two meteorites you refer to. The smallest one being mechanically
cleaned and darker gray, the other one "unscratched" and lighter gray.

It would be an honnor to me to see them displayed via your website. You
might want to use the following links (I added two more pictures of the
smaller one):
http://home.planet.nl/~rlenssen/permanent/SA230.htm
http://home.planet.nl/~rlenssen/permanent/SA473.htm

regards,