[meteorite-list] killer glenormiston iron

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 19:33:28 -0500

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 09:48:18 +1000, you wrote:

>Ah cmon
>
>The Glenormiston is not for sale
>
>I'm not asking for any bids - the Glenormiston is not going to be auctioned
>and I'm not selling a copy of a paper about the meteorite

Somehow I posted my reply to the wrong message (as someone mentioned). My reply
was meant to be for the "what a beauty" thread with this link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/A-flight-oriented-meteorite-Villalbeto-de-la-Pena-Nr-25_W0QQitemZ300071000085QQihZ020QQcategoryZ3239QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

People don't always read auction descriptions when they bid. There have been
multiple occasions when people would list the BOX for something-- like an Xbox
or PS3-- and put it in the description in the listing that it was nothing but a
box. But people who didn't read the description well would bid it up to the
full action price of the acutal item, and end up with an empty box. That's what
I expect to happen with this auction. A