[meteorite-list] killer glenormiston iron

From: Rob McCafferty <rob_mccafferty_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 17:59:03 -0800 (PST)

> People don't always read auction descriptions when
> they bid. There have been
> multiple occasions when people would list the BOX
> for something-- like an Xbox
> or PS3-- and put it in the description in the
> listing that it was nothing but a
> box. But people who didn't read the description
> well would bid it up to the
> full action price of the acutal item, and end up
> with an empty box. That's what
> I expect to happen with this auction. A

A fool and his money...

One day, I will fall foul of this sort of thing. Then
you can quote me back to me and make me feel an even
bigger numptie! I'm just hoping that as a Scot, I am
so cynical and tight fisted to part with my money
without being careful. But maybe one day.
I've seen the "box" type scams too but I don't think
this is in the same league. Anyone who knows about
these things is likely to check and read properly,
surely? Especially something like glenormiston. If it
was a con like the other meteorite stuff it'd be a
bare-faced lie, surely.

Rob McC