[meteorite-list] Stolen NWA 869

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 14:02:58 -0500

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 12:47:53 -0500, you wrote:

>I doubt if this will ever turn up, but someone has taken a very nice, small NWA 869 from
>my collection - right from my own home! I never weighed it, but it is somewhere in the
>40-50 gram range. Pics are here;

Surely there is only a small number of people who could have done it (I doubt
that you have dozens of people going through your house) and a limited time
span, so that you could narrow it down? You might not regain the meteorite, but
you don't need a "friend" like that. But with a pice that small and in your on
home, are you sure that it just didn't get misplaced somewhere? Have a pet that
could carry it off?