[meteorite-list] Stolen NWA 869

From: Gary K. Foote <gary_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 16:13:07 -0500

I know what you mean. Things can disappear in ones home without trace. However, my
collection was in a closed case and simply could not have fallen out. It would havve had
ro be actively removed. When I look at my collection closely I only take out one at a
time and put it back in place before moving on.

As for friends... I don't let many handle my collection, so that number would be small.
Plus they get the same treatment - one at a time and replace before I hand them another
to look at. Someone had to remove it when I was not looking. But you're right - the
number is small and only a few would have had the opportunity. I am recalcitrant to
accuse anyone without facts so will just have to let it go.

And no - no pets :)

Gary