[meteorite-list] Novo-Urei eaten - reference?

From: Sergey Vasiliev <petrovich_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 10:21:31 +0100

Hello Martin, Mark and List,

I looked at Russian version of Y.I.Simashko, Cat. Meteorites,
St.P?tersbourg, 1891 and
he wrote that the second stone was broken by finder into parts and given to
the locals.
As locals said "these stones cure any illnesses of people and cattle, devils
are afraid of it as cross, the riches in the house arrive from them".
Nothing about eating (locals just store the stones at their houses) in this
book ;-) but if someone wants to try, my last available Novo-Urei will end
soon:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190070940190

Best regards,
Sergey