[meteorite-list] Roger Warin Northbranch Meteorite Thin Section Images

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 01:49:03 -0600

Hello list,

Roger Warin was kind enough to take some Northbranch meteorite thin sections
images, which I have posted on my website here:

http://www.meteoritearticles.com/colnorthbranch.html

When I look at my Northbranch meteorite thin section, under the microscope
or in hand, the thing I notice the most of the meteorite is it's weathering.
Metal has bled in the matrix around it, heavy weathering in the meteorite
cracks. The weathering portions giving the specimen a reddish tink.

And again, more of Roger's thin section images can be found here,
www.agab.be

Those that have not started a meteorite thin section collection I would
suggest doing such if possible. You will quickly learn, a $70 meteorite
thin section is far more interesting and will take you a lot more time to
examine then a $500 gram sample of the same.

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
Wichita, Kansas
www.meteoritearticles.com