[meteorite-list] Ship / boat hitters

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 16:49:20 -0800

Hi Sterling,
        There is at least one other:
November 17, 1981 Chiang-Khan (H5) Loei, Thailand FISHERMAN'S BOAT
A Thai fisherman gave the following account: at said time, he was fishing on
the Mekhong River to catch some fish for breakfast. He saw the "devil's
ball" coming from South, and soon it vanished with a mighty burst.
However, he had to seek shelter against the falling stones under a wool
blanket, as stones were falling in to his boat - enough that they filled
both his hands. Afterwards, he said, he had thrown "the ugly black stones",
which for sure meant no good, into the river.
        I have the best of these - though had to pay dearly.
        Would love some Tahara..... anyone???
        Michael

--
It is difficult to get a man to understand something if his
salary depends on him not understanding it.