[meteorite-list] Etching Iron Meteorites

From: Mr EMan <mstreman53_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 19:08:48 -0800 (PST)

Dear Jerry, Why do you say "WOW!"? just WOW? I enjoy
a good discussion like everyone else so imagine my
disappointment in opening posts that just say Wow or
Cool or Gosh... It is better to interact like this is
a message board and not a chat room, in my opinion. If
we all do so it will knock my mailbox down to under
200 messages a day. Thank you. Now to the discussion
at hand.

So while some were moved to awe at this alleged
revelation, the fact remains to be proven that the
pearlite/ferrite/cementite patterns in high carbon
steel are correctly identified as Widmanstatten
patterns proper. They are micro structures and not
visible ASAIK to the naked eye. Plus they are
artifacts of human industry. We have yet to have Drake
confirm that these are other occurrences of
Widmanstatten patterns found in other than meteorites.

Elton