[meteorite-list] unclean gao givaway

From: Mal Bishop <magbish3_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 21:27:20 -0400

My simple question is: where is the moderator, or why is there no
moderator! I remember way back, some 4 years and more, when a certain then
list
member named Joel Warren, I believe, kept showing his rudeness, contempt,
and unwillingness to get along and obey the house rules he was shown the door.
Also, there was a certain other individual named Michael Casper whom was
shown the same door. Looks like that is no longer an option.

Why not a little tighter reign here. Who's suppose to be pulling in the
reins a little from time to time? I don't see anything.
I just wanted to fit in, contribute, and learn, but with all of the
children on board it is nearly, if not completely, impossible! I make no
bones that there are those on this list that are childish, inconsiderate,
some rude, some just plain dense without a clue. I'm sick and tired of the
childish and very silly responses given to responses, and some of the
ridiculous posts that pop up in the first place. I don't know why this
list is so out of control sometimes -- this list definitely proves people
do love watching a good train wreck. Other forums, and lists I am, or have
been, a member of are so much more controlled and regulated -- they just
don't allow or tolerate such crap!

All of this childish, baby, school yard bickering, etc. ...it's like a
school of sharks or piranha after smelling blood. I know why I left this
list 4 years ago, and certainly don't
know why I came back and tried to join in. I see perfectly that this list
is for the "hotshots", the "in-crowd" -- sort of like high school was. I
know I sound like a whiner, and my skins too thin -- sorry, forgive me, I'm
the one who has to live with it, but I swear this list really puts a damper
on the thrill and joy of an otherwise very exciting hobby.

In all fairness, there are those that are well above the fray who cohabit
this list -- well beyond reproach, but then again, too many on the opposite
end of the spectrum as well!
I look up with respect to the good natured, well healed listees; however,
the other sort of breed, plain and simply, are just a drag,

The anonymity of the Internet and the associated forums, and email lists
have really contributed to the overall lack of decorum, respect, dignity,
and self control that I dare the vast majority of people would not show if
communicating face-to-face with one another. It also seems to me this list
is a microcosm for the endemic plague that is infested most all of cultured
and civilized peoples the world over, not just here in the US.

There I have spoke my mind -- let's see who the grown-ups are on the list
versus the children.

With my respect and dignity in check,
Mal