[meteorite-list] new martian from tucson show 2007

From: Jim Strope <nwa482_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 17:38:01 -0400

Steve,,,,,,,,,

What you are referring to is NWA 2986. (see link)

http://www.catchafallingstar.com/nwa2986/nwa2986.htm

NWA 2986 and NWA 4766 are paired with NWA 2975. NWA 2975 was only ONE stone
most of which went to one collector with the exception of the classification
repository and a few small pieces sold my myself and Mike Farmer. I have a
spreadsheet detailing the original sale of every piece of NWA 2975 and NWA
2986 sold my myself or Mike. Anything else represented as NWA 2975 or NWA
2986 is simply not authentic unless it is a resale from our customers or
ouselves.

Please be aware that when we acquired NWA 2986 prior to the Tucson show,
there were two pieces in the lot that were NOT proven to be Martian when
closely inspected prior to classification.

So, let the buyer beware of amateur pairings on this Shergottite.

Jim Strope
421 Fourth Street
Glen Dale, WV 26038

http://www.catchafallingstar.com