[meteorite-list] frebies and givaways

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 13:52:45 -0700

Honestly,
        You guys are a hoot. Case in point: Asking Chicago Steve to ,
"Please allow common sense and common courtesy to dictate your
posting habits." I mean come on! Really! If he had access to either
of these skills don't you know he would use them - at least
occasionally?
        Personally, I giggle every time I read one of his posts - and the
more outlandish, the harder I laugh - not because Steve is so off the
wall, but because inside my head I am dancing with delight in anticipation
of the list members who will soon be bouncing off the walls, threatening
to leave the list, cursing him out, calling him names, etc. It never ceases
to amaze and entertain me that grown men who supposedly have more
sense than Chicago Steve are lacking in the most basic understanding
and insight into his level of functioning. I mean it is like a father who
threatens to leave home because his two year old repeatedly tracks
dirt into the house or gets sticky stuff on his hands. And the funniest
thing of all is the self righteous indignation people have about this.
What don't you get? Would you repeatedly become enraged at a two
year old who repeatedly knocked over his milk at the dinner table and
got his sleeve in the mashed potatoes?
        Some people just don't have the same "wiring" those more fortunate
than they. Some of them became serial killers, some are homeless and talk
to themselves, many are in prison, etc. Chicago Steve clearly TRIES
to be as good a guy as he can be. Unfortunately, that is more than can
be said for many of us. I know it is not always true of me.
        Demanding that Steve practice "common sense" is a riot! And all
of this from people who KNOW what is going to be in his posts before
they open them - yet INSIST on reading them and then DEMAND that
HE change! (they shouldn't "have to" use the delete key or use an
email blocker - it isn't "fair.") Common, guys, you're killing me! It isn't
as funny as Louis Black... but almost...
        Best wishes, Michael