[meteorite-list] A question of the proper way to discuss pairing

From: STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com <STARSANDSCOPES_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 12:12:05 EDT

Hi List, this is Tom Phillips. I just listed an individual and a slice of
a meteorite that I used in a Meteorite Times write up called "The Perfect
Chondrule" . I'm not trying to advertise but rather make sure I am handling the
issue of "like material" properly.

I have sorted out of a huge (over 1000Kg, not all mine) bulk mixed shipment
of Moroccan Meteorites 32 Kg. of like material. It is my understanding that
none can be "Officially" paired and each separate fragment would need to be
classified to be named.

I addressed the subject in my eBay listing very carefully but I was hoping
any one with the time could share thoughts on this subject with me (And
perhaps other interested list members).

This listing is

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=016&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3A
IT&viewitem=&item=260124441047&rd=1&rd=1

Thanks, Tom