[meteorite-list] Rusty droplets

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 12:03:43 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, the dreaded so-called "lawrencite disease"
meaning that inexperienced dealers more than likely
prepared these specimens with tap water containing
chlorine. Chlorine exasperates this condition. Dry the
pieces out in pure Ethyl alcohol and then dry sand
them, may take several applications, especially with
Ghubara.

Best Regards,

Adam