[meteorite-list] Queensland post from down under

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2007 18:21:54 -0700

Hi everyone,
        I got the following from Bob Walker who is
apparently having trouble posting to the list:
--
Done a biggish update to the QMIG website
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/qwalkra2/
<http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/qwalkra2/>
Can you do me a  favour and post to the list that there is a update with
main mass pictures and thin section pictures of the Birdsville Seven - ie
the 7 new finds from Birdsville (Queensland AUSTRALIA) - next update should
have piccies of the cut faces of the Birdsville Seven
I have also put up a piccie of the cut and etched face of GLENORMISTON
Next update should be better pictures of the new seven from the Tenham
strewnfield - JCU has kicked off the project to put these thru nomcom and
hmmm prob a month before I get thin section piccies of these tho prob more
piccies of the stones and cut faces earlier
Can u let the list know I'm getting damn close to getting all the
Queenslanders - some of the last few I am missing will be swapped/traded in
return for lodgement of type specimens
WHITULA CREEK is the only one that is eluding me - surely one of the listees
must have some and be willing to swapntrade or even just provide some photos
The pocket-guide on Queensland meteorites should be out by the end of the
year - it will focus on photographs and short articles with a particular
focus on thin section pictures - I'd like to think that Whitula Creek would
be in the book but if not so be it but a shame nevertheless