[meteorite-list] techical advice

From: Ed Deckert <edeckert_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 22:52:05 -0400

Dave,

I have no experience with such matters, but I would go the "mechanical"
route by using an fine abrasive stick instead of a torch.

I may be completely off base, but if there's a chance for some kind of
damage due to thermal stress caused by heating the LDG (like shattering or
cracking,) I wouldn't want to risk it. Others may have done similarly
without problem, but then there is the famous Mr. Murphy and his Law...

That's my 0.02, for what it is worth. Good luck, whatever you decide to do.

Ed