[meteorite-list] Tunguska wood section & new Spanish eucrite

From: Zelimir Gabelica <Zelimir.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 18:45:48 +0200

On consulting my very short notes resulting upon an as short discussion (a
couple of minutes) with Mirko/Thomas yesterday in Ensisheim, the 5
fragments were found between June 3 and 9, thus less than one week before
Ensisheim started.
I guess the search will continue in the near future, as it can be supposed
that the 24 g found are far from being the tkw.
I believe our friends cited above would (could) soon add their own comments
on that exciting find and clear up to some extent our speculations.
Thanks and congratulations folks!

Zelimir

A 17:53 18/06/2007 +0200, Moritz Karl a ?crit :
>As far as I know he simply went out and asked the people what they saw
>and/or heard. He did that for at least one week.
>Afterwards he started searching for pieces based on the witness
>informations. Seems very amazing to me as well since nobody did actually see
>those fragments land.

Prof. Zelimir Gabelica
Universit? de Haute Alsace
ENSCMu, Lab. GSEC,