[meteorite-list] A friendly warning...

From: Jakub Radwan <jakub_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 14:35:15 +0200

Dear Listees,

As I have tried all other ways to work things out, I believe it is high
time I sent a friendly warning.

Almost 7 months ago, I purchased a specimen of Campo Del Cielo from Michael
Cottingham. As a Christmas bonus Michael offered a 50% discount and agreed
to cover freight charges. What was my surprise when it turned out that the
package had been sent via USPS's Global Economy Parcel service (the worst
ground shipping option out there with estimated delivery time of 4-6
weeks). Needless to say the parcel has never made it, but that is not why I
am making this public. The real reason is Michael's lack of respect for his
customers.

Not only has he failed to provide me with a shipping confirmation as a
proof that the package has actually been sent (with all due respect, why
should I trust him?), he is also not even so kind as to reply to my
e-mails. Of course, I am aware there is no way to get my money back. I just
want to warn you. Please think twice before you order anything from the
Michael Cottingham Meteorite Collection.

Kind regards from Poland,

Jakub Radwan
Polish Meteoritical Society