[meteorite-list] BL meteorite NWA1685 Achondrite clasts?

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 03 Mar 2007 21:39:49 UT

Hi Dean, Mike T., Steve, and List,

Dean wrote:

"I got the BL Meteorite 3 or 4 years ago"
"Certainly one of the nicest and most interesting chondrites"

See the photos of both sides of my last two slices here:

http://www.meteoriteshop.com/metsale/bl.html

Really a fascinating meteorite and the pics Jeff Kuyken has on his
website are the specimens and thin sections I purchased from Dean:

http://www.meteorites.com.au/odds&ends/bl.html

I was so fascinated by this "stuff" that I tried to keep track of the whereabouts
of the specimens Dean offered for sale. Thus I still have the names of the ca.
35-40 people who acquired specimens, the respective weights, and Dean's pictures!

Best wishes,

Bernd

P.S. The total lunar eclipse has just begun here. We had a clear sky here
until about half an hour ago but right now we are clouded out. Oh, well!

To: deanbessey at yahoo.com
    meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com