[meteorite-list] trades vs ads

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 14:04:20 -0800 (PST)

Dave, I wouldent worry to much as long as you dont
overdo it. Art is on record as saying that he dont
care about the ads and the policy was only put in
place after 3 or 4 people whined and complained and
spammed the list with more wasted bandwidth than the
people posting dozens of sale postings a week. More
people want the ads than are offended by them.
As long as you are reasonable and not flood the list
with minor insignificant or duplicate sale and trade
postings over and over every day or two I doubt you
will piss off more than one or two people who doesnt
matter anyway.
Just use common sense and be reasonable and you wont
piss off more than 1% of the list. A lot of people are
interested when you come up with new things that would
be considered an ad by some people.
You will notice that the biggest whiners are among the
biggest abusers of the one week rule making
"announcements of something new and important" and
then claiming its not an ad.
Use common sense and you will be fine.
Cheers
DEAN