[meteorite-list] Need Help Obtaining North Carolina Meteorites

From: Ed Deckert <edeckert_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 21:07:56 -0500

Hi List,

I am looking to hopefully obtain some specimens of North Carolina meteorites
that I can display while I am out selling meteorite and tektite specimens to
raise funds for my Astronomy club's Observatory Building fund. I had some
GREAT help from list members obtaining the pieces I was selling. I thank
you for that!!! But the North Carolina pieces I want to get will not be for
sale, they will be just for display purposes. I want to display some
interesting items so as to get folks more interested in what I am doing.
That way, I am doing than simply selling things. The educational value is
great, and it may get some more folks interested in collecting. The fact
the specimens are from their "home state" will usually get their attention.

I was out at Tri Star (an annual, local astronomy event) this past weekend
and displayed/sold a nice amount of meteorites and tektites. I gave a local
school system's Science teacher who was in attendance a baggie with about 75
grams of small unclassified NWA's for his classroom. He was most
appreciative.

Anyway - back to the North Carolina pieces. Part slices are fine. Size
does not have to be big, perhaps a half gram or so, depending on price. A
good surface to weight ratio is a plus. I know there are several North
Carolina falls and finds, and I have been looking around online a lot, but
so far I have only seen Monroe available.

If you have something to offer, please contact me off list. I don't have
lots of extra cash to spend, so if possible, I need your best price.

Many thanks for your time!

Ed Deckert