[meteorite-list] Not Proud of Tom

From: Impactika at aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 21:39:06 EST

In a message dated 3/4/2007 2:48:33 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
mlblood at cox.net writes:
Hi All,
I just received this from Proud Tom who declined the revelation
of his "True Identity:"

>If there's enough interest, I'm ready to put together more zany Proud Tom
>adventures to share with others.

I know the emails I have gotten OFF LIST run at least 20 to one
stating they ENJOY the humor of Proud Tom. Furthermore, since he
tends to set up a web page for people to visit, I suggest those NOT
enamored of his brand of humor simply not click to the URL.
In any event, it would seem that if numerous people state they
would enjoy seeing another round of Proud Tom he will be setting
up a web page. If no one expresses interest, sounds like he won't.
Let me be the first to STRONGLY ENCOURAGE THE COURAGEOUS
METEORITE CRUSADER in putting up a web page for all to enjoy
& state that those not interested are encouraged not to visit it.
How about others???
RSVP
Best wishes, Michael

I am sorry Michael, but I'll have to disagree with you.
Proud Tom is sleazy, insulting, and no longer funny.
I don't believe any member of the Meteorite will feel any pride at being
represented, or even associated to such a character, even fictional.

I would urge you to bury Proud Tom permanently.
And I can't possibly be the only one to feel insulted by that association.

Anne M. Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA at aol.com
President, I.M.C.A. Inc.