[meteorite-list] new orleans fall

From: Dave Harris <entropydave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 08:07:01 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

Hi,
I received some of the very first stuff - picked up the next day in the
roadside by a friend of mine who is a pegmatist in the Uni of NO. He sent
me about 35g and virtually all was in fragments. It fell on my birthday!
The main mass went thru the roof of the Faucett's house.

Personally I have no idea where these larger pieces came from as the
Faucetts's were not selling and the only stuff I saw for about 18 months was
material very very similar to what I had. I sold a lot of my NO stash and
have about 7g left.
So I am bemused too about where all of these large fragments came from
because I do not recall anyone saying they'd found another large lump of NO
- as far as I knew there was the Faucett mass (which may be lost now since
Katrina - I don't know) and crumbs....

Curiouser and curiouser....

Dave
IMCA #0092