[meteorite-list] New Orleans

From: mckinney trammell <bigpineartifacts_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 21:33:41 -0800 (PST)

i am from new orleans and this skyrock fell in my home town 2 days before my birthday. i am a proud owner of a 57 gram piece w/ crust and drywall fibers on it. it is a favorite skyrock. pix available upon request.

Bruce Yankewitz <yankb04 at hotmail.com> wrote:
Well, Matt, I understand that there have been SOME larger pieces, that's why
I chose the word "virually" when referring to the crumb-sized pieces. I'm
not particularly looking for a larger piece of New Orleans, I was just
expressing curiosity at its evolution, from fall to collector market.

Let me try it again. How about this: "Compared to other recent,
similar-TKW falls, it seems like a much higher percentage of the material
available to collectors is crumb-sized". OK?

>From: Matt Morgan
>To: Bruce Yankewitz
>CC: meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com
>Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] New Orleans
>Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 15:36:44 -0700
>
>It is not true...therre have been a few 500+g pieces, many 100g, and alot
>of 20g+.
>matt
>
>Bruce Yankewitz wrote:
>

>>Seems to me that virtually all of the New Orleans meteorite to reach the
>>collector market has been in almost indentical, crumb-sized pieces. Anyone
>>know why this is so?
>>
>>Bruce

always stay connected to friends.