[meteorite-list] My First Meteorite

From: Thetoprok at aol.com <Thetoprok_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 17:28:24 EDT

In a message dated 3/12/2007 4:14:28 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
bernd.pauli at paulinet.de writes:
Jerry Flaherty writes:

My first was a generous gift of a 6 gram Gold Basin from John Blennert.
None could be more exciting in anticipation, reception and examination.

Hello Listees and Listoids,

Like so many others, I have to find my first own meteorite yet. But the first
meteorite I purchased was a 15-gram cut + etched Mundrabilla slice from
Walter Zeitschel - see Meteorite Times interview, May 2002, Vol.1, No.2.
Of course, I still have this "Little Australian".

P.S.: If you are interested in more "What was your first meteorite?", the
Meteorite
Times Magazine interviews ("Meteorite People") are an excellent source
because
virtually all of those interviewed were asked this question!

P.S.S.: Speaking of John Blennert's "generous gifts", I would like to add
that one
of my most beautiful Gold Basin meteorites is such a generous gift from
John. He
sent it (two of them,...to be exact!) in May 1999 and it arrived just a few
days
after my 54th birthday anniversary. It weighs a whopping 76 grams, it still
has
traces of its original black fusion crust beneath a thin layer of caliche,
and it is
definitely flight-marked. Another meteorite that will never leave this
collection!

Best wishes,

Bernd