[meteorite-list] Who's still got their first meteorite?

From: Moni Waiblinger <moni2555_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 22:41:57 -0800

Hi All,

I do!!

The first time I ever saw a meteorite was at Chabot's Space and Science
Center in Oakland, California in 2001.

http://www.chabotspace.org/

I was taken in by those beautiful "rocks".
I stayed for a long time just looking at whole stones and slices of iron and
stony meteorites in the display case.
Unbelievable beautiful!
Unbelievable to see rocks from space!!

The next year I received three meteorites as a gift.
A Gold Basin, a Sikhote Alin and one from the Mojave desert.
I still have them all nestled in the chocolate tin can they came in.

The same year I found my very own meteorite from a Nevada dry lake!!!
The meteorite bug has bit me!!!

These meteorites will never leave me and actually all additional finds I
have made since then, which consists of several different types of
meteorites, I am planning on keeping also.
This is what I collect, my own finds!

Happy collecting or hunting or both,

Moni