[meteorite-list] Mr. Kramskoi & Meteorite Offers from Russia

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 20:17:22 -0700

Dear Mike and List:

Mike, thanks for the additional info, and congrats on your recent
pallasite discovery.

It was my impression from the outset that this Russian offer was more
than likely a scam. I wanted to share what I'd found out, just in case
anyone else on the List is considering sending money to this
individual, but is perhaps not as naturally suspicious as you and me :
)

The whole thing sounded fishy at best. It must take a lot of legwork to
brush up on rare/desirable materials in different fields of collecting,
and them run that type of scam.

> Buy from people you know, or suffer the consequences.

I am with you 100% on that.

Regards,

Geoff N.
www.aerolite.org