[meteorite-list] Forwarded AD - New Illinois Iron Meteorite?

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 23:30:51 -0500

Hi, All,

Amazing resemblance to the Bloomington
Object, don't you think? Same unlikely
proportion of the three dimensions. Same
sharp "regmaglypts." And just enough time
to have worked up a reasonable facsimile.

The drill is the same. Measure its density.
Get it cut, etch a face. Get a bulk composition
analysis. Step by step...

Three irons in a row: the New Jersey Object,
Bloomington (Illinois) Object, Illinois (Illinois)
Object. Odd when you consider how rare
the fall of an Iron is.

I can't get the photos to show in their full
original size, so can't say much about crust.

Sterling K. Webb