[meteorite-list] clarification on st.paddy's (AD)

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 21:49:07 -0700 (PDT)

I think somebody has had one to few guiness this st
paddys day.
Sounds like St Paddys is an offensive" word only to
pollitically correct people. Sort of like the word
"newfie" which is offensive only to non newfie's (Also
known as "mainlanders") in their efforts to find a
problem for a solution.
I remember an ad on a sign in Toronto (next to the
outdoor guinness tap that was located inside a canvas
tent covering the front of the bars with fire heaters
to heat up the outdoors in the minus 40 degree
canadian winters for st paddys day - damm I miss St
paddys day in Canada - the one time when I feel sad
about leaving Canada in the winter) said "364 practise
days, one St Paddys day".
I have been to a lot of irish bars (havent everybody)
and I have never herd a bartender have to defend the
shamrock shaped "St Paddys" sign that is often shown
in irish bars (Next to the guinness tap).
If Irish people are not offended, people who work in
irish bars (With a guinness tap) are not offended and
only non irishmen are offended then it is not
offensive. The solution doesnt have a problem - no
matter what politically correct people say.
Comments made in a friendly manner is not offensive.
Next time we are together lets find an irish bar (With
a guinness tap) and see if anybody is protesting the
sign outside the bar (Or near the guinness tap).
We can all sit down and enjoy ourselves (Near the
guinness tap)
Sincerely
DEAN