[meteorite-list] Frederiksburg iron

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 09:12:10 -0700 (PDT)

Jason,
This is a meteorite list. The Fredericksburg/Richland
meteorite was purchased by hundreds of people. they
have a right to know why it was never
submitted/classified officially.
Actually it is you that is ignoring most of what I
say. You state in your first email to me that I
"snatched" the meteorite. If you demand that I
apologize to Dr. Wasson, then you must, thus agree
with that assertion. So please do not tell people on
this list that I am lying Jason, I am not and have no
reason to.

You asked for me to copy and paste where you accused
me of "snatching" the meteorite, so here goes:

"""""""Well, you did know that he wanted it, and all
he knew at the time was
that we'd just come along and that we might actually
have enough money
to buy the %$%#$ (edited) thing for/with him. In
other words, the moment he had
enough funding to possibly buy it, you fly up to
Alaska and snatch it
up from under him. Knowingly or not, this is what you
did. That
being said, I NEVER said that this justified his
actions (not
submitting it), but then again, assuming that you have
the chemical
data (and you can get it from him), you can submit the
bloody thing
yourself."""""""""""""""""

That is as clear cut as it gets Jason.
You can get angry, block my emails etc, but you can't
just say what you want then get angry and refuse to
listen to the other side (actually you can it seems).

And yes Jason, I have known you a long time, 12 year
old kids are not stupid, I never said that, give me a
break. I said that you were young back then, and thus
likely do not know every darn thing about this
transaction that you think you know/remmember.

Anyway, the issue has been resolved, the meteorite
community now knows the deal with Fredericksburg, and
now everyone can properly label their collection.
So in closing, thank you for posting the remark about
Fredericksburg, it led to the answer.
And thank you list members, who bought
Fredeicksburg/Richland so many years back, now you all
know what took so long with this meteorite.

Michael Farmer

=== message truncated ===