[meteorite-list] Tennessee fall picture on postcard on ebay.

From: Robin Galyan <robin_707a_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 12:41:03 -0400

on ebay is a postcard showing excavation of a supposed 1000lb meteorite in TN. appears possibly 1930's-1940s cant tell for sure.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Old-Postcard-of-1000-Pound-Meteorite-Found-in-Tenn_W0QQitemZ120099552758QQcategoryZ20236QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

But in the usgs met database I dont find any from Greensburg where it was supposedly found. The database in fact for TN only has one real large puppy, the Cosby's Creek find from 1837. Two big chunks, one 907KG (first) one 50.8 (found later).

So in tracking these two, I find some at the TCU (m104.4) collection and some at the Nat. Museum of History.

So... does anyone have any further information on what might be called the Greensburg fall, or on the cosby's creek fall?

Thanks.
Robin
Knoxville, TN