[meteorite-list] H2 or L2 CLASS METEORITES

From: tett <tett_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 22:06:33 -0400

Doug,

I think in this debate there is no clear winner. You did yield but perhaps
too easily. Like you said, a chondrite could be found that is even more
pristine than the current most pristine LL3.0 and then, besides sell it for
$1000/gram, what do we do?

The convention system is a little hard to understand and could be simplified
but I kinda like it the way it is.

As for the 4 billion year old ausie rocks, my 4.03 billion year old CANADIAN
acasta gneiss is still the oldest found terrestrial rock to date. My little
25 gram chip sits contently amongst a pair a 7 year old Guatemalan lava
rocks from Mount Pacaya.

Cheers,

Mike