[meteorite-list] Abstract: EL3 Chondrite (not Aubrite) NorthwestAfrica 2828

From: M come Meteorite Meteorites <mcomemeteorite2004_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 17:04:20 +0200 (CEST)

unfortunately all analysis say this material I have
here is not a EL but a Aubrite...is not possible have
all from the world, dear USA people

Matteo

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/nph-bib_query?bibcode=2006AGUFM.P51E1247K

> [...]
> > J. H.
> >
> > Publication:
> > American Geophysical Union, Fall Meeting 2006,
> > abstract #P51E-1247
> >
> > Publication Date:
> > 12/2006
> >
> > Abstract:
> > Although we recently classified NWA 2828 as an
> > aubrite [1], our examination
> > of new material (now comprising over 120 stones
> > totaling >27 kg) requires
> > revision of that classification. New information
> on
> > the find site in Algeria
> > indicates that these stones were excavated from a
> > subsurface deposit, and we
> > have found terrestrial rhyolite pebbles and sandy
> > matrix attached to several
> > NWA 2828 stones (see images at
> > http://www.ess.washington.edu/meteoritics).
> > Thus this is a rare example of a paleo-meteorite
> or
> > 'fossil' meteorite. Some
> > stones contain sparse (<5 vol.%) but very distinct
> > round, radial pyroxene
> > chondrules (up to 3 mm across), as well as
> rounded,
> > fine-grained aggregates
> > (up to 6 mm across) rich in either enstatite or
> > sodic plagioclase. Remnant
> > Na-Al-Si-rich glass is present within cavities in
> > chondrules, both between
> > enstatite blades and in annular zones. The matrix
> > contains pervasive 0.2-0.5
> > mm cavities with coatings of calcite and minor
> > halite and gypsum. Iron
> > sulfate (after troilite), jarosite, an
> inhomogeneous
> > (possibly amorphous)
> > phase rich in Fe, Cr, Si, Ca, Ti, P, S and Cl,
> minor
> > native sulfur and
> > silica also are present, and brown Fe-rich rinds
> on
> > one stone contain up to
> > 6.5 wt.% Ni. These secondary minerals signify
> > terrestrial alteration of
> > primary metal, sulfides, phosphides, nitrides and
> > glass in an ancient
> > fluvial and/or acidic lacustrine environment. The
> > dominant primary phase in
> > NWA 2828 is enstatite (En98.4Wo1.4), which forms
> > stubby prismatic grains
> > (lacking polysynthetic twinning indicative of
> > inverted clinoenstatite [cf.,
> > 1]). Our original classification was based on a
> very
> > small specimen of an
> > apparently igneous-textured rock, but the
> discovery
> > of chondrules and the
> > absence of twinned enstatite now suggests that it
> is
> > instead an
> > unequilibrated enstatite chondrite. Additional
> > primary phases noted
> > previously [1] are sodic plagioclase (An14-
> > 15Or3-4), troilite, graphite,
> > daubreelite, alabandite, oldhamite, schreibersite,
> > glass and very rare
> > kamacite. The well-formed, round chondrules

=== message truncated ===

M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Email: mcomemeteorite2004 at yahoo.it
Sale Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.it