[meteorite-list] Iron Meteorite for sale and IMCA

From: Impactika at aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 14:32:56 EDT

In a message dated 5/4/2007 3:04:03 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
markf at ssl.gb.com writes:

Yeah, we've had loads of these fake meteorite offers too, they are all
scams.

This new variant is just the usual "I am the late wife of an oil baron,
and I want to transfer some money..." scam, but reworded.

As mike said Deal with those you know well (i.e with the 'inner circle'
(that's IMCA members and well know dealers!).
-----

Thank you Mark.
And to clarify things for brand-new List-members, the IMCA (International
Meteorite Collectors Association) was created a few years ago just for this
purpose.
The IMCA's primary mission is Authenticity, and members are bound, as
condition of membership, to sell only Authentic Meteorites. Errors can happen, but
must be corrected immediately. And the Board reserves the right to ask that
a questionable specimen be tested by a Lab of the Board's choosing.
Any questions, just ask!!

Anne M. Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA at aol.com