[meteorite-list] Greensburg hit with tornado

From: M come Meteorite Meteorites <mcomemeteorite2004_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 07:40:54 +0200 (CEST)

We have a group of italian storm chasers start today
from Italy direct to Oklahoma city for chase and study
tornados seen here in Italy the weather its under many
change and tornados they is not rarer like a time
here.

Matteo

--- MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector at msn.com> ha scritto:

> Greensburg, Kansas was hit with a tornado about an
> hour ago. There is seven
> miles of damage thrown around highway 54, around the
> downtown district. The
> hotal/diner is gone, the water tower is gone, the
> Big Well where the 1,000
> lb. Brenham meteorite is/was located was
> hit....along with all the buildings
> around it. The main farming dealer lot was
> destroyed. Basically everything
> that was anything in Greensburg was hit.
>
> I hope our Greensburg neighbors make it through the
> night, and that the
> meteorite is intact.
>
> This is pretty bad, glad I don't chase them anymore.
>
> Mark

M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Email: mcomemeteorite2004 at yahoo.it
Sale Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.it