[meteorite-list] Greensburg hit with tornado

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 23:45:30 -0500

Greensburg, Kansas was hit with a tornado about an hour ago. There is seven
miles of damage thrown around highway 54, around the downtown district. The
hotal/diner is gone, the water tower is gone, the Big Well where the 1,000
lb. Brenham meteorite is/was located was hit....along with all the buildings
around it. The main farming dealer lot was destroyed. Basically everything
that was anything in Greensburg was hit.

I hope our Greensburg neighbors make it through the night, and that the
meteorite is intact.

This is pretty bad, glad I don't chase them anymore.

Mark