[meteorite-list] Oh Christ... it's the moon

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 10:17:26 -0800 (PST)

Hi all -

As was pointed out to me by Doug Ellison, what that
image showed was the Moon, turned into an ellipse by
the rotating scanner of the imager.

At that rate of spin, any NEO would likely have been
imaged by the early weather sats as a series of dots,
or maybe just one dot. I doubt if any electronic
archive has been preserved.

I had thought that perhaps the image might have been
scanned flim, which is why I wrote. My apologies.

Now moving over to other wastes of band space, perhaps
Andi's comments are motivated by something else, and
my guess its my scepticism of "global warming".
Actually, I have no problem with converting to
renewable energy, and am very much in favor of it, its
just that I am just not certain how the Little Ice Age
occured, and its relation to the Maunder minimum.

E.P. Grondine
Man and Impact in the Americas