[meteorite-list] Lawrencite

From: mexicodoug at aim.com <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 16:13:15 -0400

Good Luck Bernd - you're not the only fossil-astronomer in the Digital
Era out there using paleo-alchemy to turn meteoric light into gold (and
all the other beautiful colors). Good luck!

Question: St. Lawrence (225 ? 258 AD), the patron Saint of the Perseids
- Is he the same demon Lawrence inciting diseases upon iron meteorites?
  I could imagine that since his reputed tears while on the iron grill
August 10, 258 AD were fiery enough to result in the Perseid Meteor
Shower being named also the 'Tears of Saint Lawrence'). ...and that
iron meteorites can have meteoritically tearful endings is it the same
Lawrence or was it some reputed chemist regarding this reputed compound?
Fine Skies,
Doug
PS It is reputed tht St. Lawrence pays year-round visits to everyone
not observing his August tears ...