[meteorite-list] Ad New Canadian Meteorite for sale

From: Rob McCafferty <rob_mccafferty_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 17:17:35 -0800 (PST)

--- On Sat, 12/6/08, MeteorHntr at aol.com <MeteorHntr at aol.com> wrote:

> I highly doubt it will be in Tucson, if it is then it is
> illegal, and I
> would not touch it. India doesnt scare me much, but Canada
> sent people to Tokyo
> two years back to look for fossils. They don't play
> games.
> Michael Farmer

And yet, here we find ourselves discussing the availability of this new material.

Several times I've joked about our "pirate" status and my fears of being hunted down by Boba Fett.

If we are really expecting this stuff to appear illegally, and people to buy it, maybe I was wrong to joke.

I worry that the tone of this discussion does not do our interests any favours.

I'm going to shut up now. I accuse no-one and anything else I say may be classifed as pontification.