[meteorite-list] Toolbox Meteorite

From: Zelimir Gabelica <Zelimir.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 20:21:20 +0100

Mike, if you are anxious to open more Coors for your Miss-friends, I can
show you a 196 g complete NWA Howardite as bottle-opener. So far
unclassified, but a cut window certifies its most probable howardite satus,
while the opposite crusted side shows some "knob" that could readily be
used to extract bottle seals.

I am ready to send a couple of pics if someone can host them on a web site.

Zelimir

A 17:08 10/12/2008 +0000, Mike Bandli a ?crit :
>Martin and All,
>
>I never considered the 'Toolbox' sub-genre of meteorites. Very well done
>and interesting!
>
>Though not a historical one, one of my favorite 'Toolbox' meteorites is
>Mike Jensen's Sikhote Alin beer bottle opener. I always search the bins in
>Tucson for one, but I think Mike Jensen holds the only one in existence.
>It also allows one to employ the ultimate geek pick-up line: "Excuse me,
>Miss, allow me to open that Coors Light with my meteorite for you."
>
>Best,
>
>Mike Bandli

Prof. Zelimir Gabelica
Universit? de Haute Alsace