[meteorite-list] IMCA

From: Carl 's <carloselguapo1_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 17:15:11 -0800

Hello All,

I've been mulling over what everyone has been saying about Bob Evans lately and I know this isn't the first thread about him. Anyway, I'm kinda sticking my neck way out. I've been collecting meteorites for only a year and a half, but when I first started out I had contemplated purchasing one of those nantans from a Chinese source on eBay. The ones that look like iron potatoes. It so happened that Bob E. also ran several eBay auctions warning against those nantans but also directed newbies to this list, the IMCA and the Meteorwrong website. Websites I had no idea existed. I thought that was pretty cool of him to do that. I also remember there was one other member doing the same. Anyway, I've never bought anything from Bob E. but I did contact him just once to thank him for the info. I'm not saying he's a saint or an angel but that's my take on all this. I'm delighted the IMCA exists and always make a note of it whenever I make a
purchase, though I've bought a lot of stuff from dealers without it. For what it's worth, I hope everything turns out well for everone concerned.

Carl