[meteorite-list] question on performing a nickel test

From: al mitterling <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 17:55:51 -0500

Hi Mike and all,

In Richard Norton's new field guide, he lists some house hold chemicals that
you can use to preform a nickel test also. I need to look it up and let
people know which page. Haven't tried it yet but I am sure that Richard
Norton has.

One other problem with the jewlery nickel test kits I think, is that they
tend to expire. Don't know if the chemicals have useful life span or not but
had trouble with one at a show I was doing to show the nickel test result.
All my best.

--AL Mitterling