[meteorite-list] Fun questions, or public FAQs

From: Mark Crawford <mark_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 10:34:12 +0000

I was reflecting yesterday on the fun I get showing my collection to
guests, and talking about meteorites to non-hobbyists. It got me
thinking that there are some standard questions which come up time and
again.

* "Where do you get them from?" [One of the few opportunities to use
the line 'I buy from dealers by the gram' in polite conversation :) ]

* "How do you know they haven't just gone to the local DIY store and
bought a bag of gravel?" [or various versions of this]

* "How do you know it really comes from Mars/the Moon/the asteroids?"

...and I suppose if the conversation comes round to it:

* "HOW much???" :)

I wondered if other list members had any fun regular (or occasional)
ones to share?

Mark

--
Mark's Meteorite Pages: http://meteorites.cc