[meteorite-list] Selling on eBay [AD? Not really.]

From: Gary K. Foote <gary_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 09:53:42 -0500

Hello Listers,

I have a question that many dealers will probably find brash and not one they wish to answer
as it involves spreading information about how to sell meteorites more successfully.
Nonetheless, I'm asking, with a smile and a hope for some offers of real-life marketing info,
"What is your best day/time of the week to sell your wares on eBay?"

In exchange I'll offer my own beliefs right now.

I believe that Sunday evening [just around 4-9PM eastern time] is the best time to have an
auction end on eBay because people are done with weekend play and get in a session of
puter-fun before bedtime.

I believe that on both Friday nights and all of Saturday people are not at home to bid in great
numbers, so they are not good times to aim for.

I also believe that Monday thru Friday-day are not as productive as Sunday evening, but
more effective than Fridaynight or all of Saturday.

Friday [just around 4-7PM eastern time] is my second choice, as people are at the end of
their work week and many will check their auction items just before going home for the
weekend.

In all cases afternoon/evening is the best time to time eBay auctions to end.

There, you now have my opinions. They are based on my thoughts of human psychology,
not real-time analysis, so take them or leave them accordingly.

Anyone want to share some known numbers?

Gary K. Foote