[meteorite-list] Selling on eBay [AD? Not really.] Part II

From: Gary K. Foote <gary_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 11:02:45 -0500

Hi All,

Just FYI - some stuff I'm selling has just been changed to offer free shipping to USA and I
lowered the cost of shipping on the rest just to compare the two selling methods.

Method #1: Auction price same as Buy It Now selling price with free USA shipping.

Method #2: Auction plus shipping equals Buy It Now price as in Method #2.

In other words all end up with the same price, despite specimen size variations. I will report
results on which method prevailed once all are closed.

I hope this thread doesn't constitute an ad violation of list policy - it is intended as a selling
study, so I'll not refer to any specific auction or Buy It Now details or URLs until final results
are reported.

Gary